To those with Skyjacker Hydros - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > To those with Skyjacker Hydros

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
azgurney
1991 YJ Wrangler 

To those with Skyjacker Hydros

If you push down and try to bounce up and down on the bumpers with Hydros
does the suspension move or is it solid. With my Rancho RXS or my old Rancho rs5000 shocks the suspension is very solid and the ride is the same. I am considering getting new Skyjacker Hydors based on what I have read about their smooth ride. Could someone do the test for me?

Unread 04-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #2
rare-renegade

I have Rough Country hydros and they are exactly like that (very stiff and hardly move when pushed on). I wish I would have gone with gas charged because I think the ride would be much improved.
1991 Renegade, 4" Rough Country Lift, 32" A/T's on 15x8 Canyons, Fr. Runk Bumper, Rear Warn Rock Crusher Bumper, Ramsey 6000# Winch, 4.10 YJ Axles, Blower Mtr. Upgrade, 150 AMP alternator, ZJ Rear Disc Brakes w/Corvette MC, CB w/Firestik, Half Hardoors, Warn Steering Box Guard, KC Highlights.
rare-renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2006, 11:17 PM   #3
89_Jeeper

DONT buy skyjacker 7000 hydro's they are garabage i had mine on for about 2 months or so and they ride REALLY nice but then when they get one little bit of rust on them it spreads everywere mine are completly covered in rust and are only been on since late aug beginning of september this year, and they ride like frozen pancakes too in my opinion DONT BUY EM!! just my .02 worth

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.