For those with a net - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > For those with a net

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

For those with a net

Hey gang. I'm looking at getting a cargo net. Everyone of them I've found say "for use with sports bar". I have the family bar. Will it still work? Is there one out there I haven't seen that's for the family bar? Help me out please. Which do you have? How do you like it? Thanks

BUILT NOT BOUGHT #602 / ZOMBIE RESPONSE TEAM #40 / USN HULL #196
b_a_mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #2
J33Pyj
1995 ZJ 

I have the smittybilt cargo net and love it. I had a similar issue when I would tell them my year they would try to sell me the one for a sports bar. I finialy went into 4WP and told them I had a 90 yj with a family bar. They sold me one for a 94 YJ since they come with a family rollbar. Fits perfect, never take it off. It has been one for about 3yrs now. It fits under both my soft top or hard top no issues.
90 yj/ 4:88 gears/33x12.50x15 Super Swamper TRXUS Mud Terrains/K&N air system/2.5L/D30front aussie equip'd/D35 rear / 3in BL/ 2in shackle lift / XRC8 Winch

If you havent broken it, you havent been wheelin
J33Pyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The smittybilt version is cheap. I adios'd mine in lieu of a Raingler net system for keeping in the dog and my gear let alone keeping people out. It doesn't look as fluid as the smitty, but the function is out of this world. It is a roof rack and I mount molle and Alice gear to it under the hardtop.
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by J33Pyj
I have the smittybilt cargo net and love it. I had a similar issue when I would tell them my year they would try to sell me the one for a sports bar. I finialy went into 4WP and told them I had a 90 yj with a family bar. They sold me one for a 94 YJ since they come with a family rollbar. Fits perfect, never take it off. It has been one for about 3yrs now. It fits under both my soft top or hard top no issues.
Do you have a picture of yours?
Unread 04-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Nick are those metal D rings across the back?
And it just attaches to the roll bar huh?
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nick can you post pics of where it attaches to at the center hoop and at the tub?
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #8
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Cinderelly, Cinderelly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_a_mech View Post
Nick are those metal D rings across the back?
And it just attaches to the roll bar huh?
The rings are some of the only chrome-bling I have on my jeep. And its a three piece unit (there are several types) that does just attach to the stock roll bar in multiple places.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg26 View Post
Nick can you post pics of where it attaches to at the center hoop and at the tub?
Are you talking about the smittybilt? The Raingler doesn't attach to the tub and the side windows are the only ones that attach to the center hoop and that's behind the seats at the seat belt and near the tub.

I will post more pics when I find them, its raining cats and dogs outside and my hardtop is on.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you need specific shots let me know
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Mr.ThunderMakeR
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey gang. I'm looking at getting a cargo net. Everyone of them I've found say "for use with sports bar". I have the family bar. Will it still work? Is there one out there I haven't seen that's for the family bar? Help me out please. Which do you have? How do you like it? Thanks
Got any links? I'd love to see a cargo net for the sport bar. Never seen one, didn't even think they existed. A quick google search yields nothing.
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR
Got any links? I'd love to see a cargo net for the sport bar. Never seen one, didn't even think they existed. A quick google search yields nothing.
I didn't save the pages once I found they were for the sport bar. Amazon and eBay both listed one. If I remember right the one on quadratec is, and I'm pretty sure I seen one on 4WD.com.
Should be easy to find because I couldn't find one for the family bar.
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE="Anticanman"]Cinderelly, Cinderelly!!

The rings are some of the only chrome-bling I have on my jeep. And its a three piece unit (there are several types) that does just attach to the stock roll bar in multiple places.[QUOTE]

Look at you and your bling! Just looked yours up ...$300... Thanks for spending my wish money...again....you should get kick backs son!
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #13
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Cinderelly, Cinderelly!!

The rings are some of the only chrome-bling I have on my jeep. And its a three piece unit (there are several types) that does just attach to the stock roll bar in multiple places.
Look at you and your bling! Just looked yours up ...$300... Thanks for spending my wish money...again....you should get kick backs son!
The way I look at it, you gotta pay to play. The Raingler nets aren't just for looks like the smittybilt, they are an actual cargo system. I can stand on mine (not lay there like the stupid jeep hammock) and I tie down all sorts of gear to it. The rings work well with the carabiner type bungees which I found work really well for tying down everything but plywood. I'm still working on that one. I guess I have the service truck for that.
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #14
b_a_mech
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I like how it doesn't attach to frame....I wonder if I can make one out of this:

image-2689628526.jpg

I have a couple laying around....hmmmm???
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You should send one to me. I will help!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.