Thinking of Rhino Lining my heep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Thinking of Rhino Lining my heep

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #1
bryris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thinking of Rhino Lining my heep

Could someone be so kind as to point me in the right direction on how to do this most correctly?

I've got a 95 YJ Sahara, completely stock. Its pretty much a mall crawler, but I'd like to protect the body as best I can from future rust and corrosion from water leaks, etc. The vehicle is not my main car, so I can afford the time to remove the carpet and seats, etc.

Is the actual application process difficult? Is it just a matter of brushing it on? What type of surface prep needs to be done?

I have a bit of rust on the driver side floor pan, but in the scheme of things, it is pretty minor. Also, there are a few drill holes under the rear seat where I can see light through down to the road. I think the previous owner had drilled in a sub or something. There is a touch of rust around the perimeter of these holes. What is the best way to treat those holes before lining over them?

bryris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #2
tuckinauster
2001 XJ Cherokee 

search, theres tons of write ups on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. O'rouke
"The Jeep is a manly device. And a womanly device. An American device. Itís a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."
tuckinauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:21 PM   #3
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

i used a wheel grinder and a wire brush after I stripped the inside clean, seats, carpet, everything, remove the drain plugs as well, then the stuff I used is simple, mix the 2 cans and roll on.....let dry done.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
bryris
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckinauster
search, theres tons of write ups on this
Search feature has been removed.
bryris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:41 PM   #5
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryris
Search feature has been removed.

Unless you are a paying member:

Here's a taste:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ght=herculiner
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.