Thinking new Exhaust is causing the issue... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Thinking new Exhaust is causing the issue...

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 08-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
WGLWRM
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thinking new Exhaust is causing the issue...

If its not one thing its another....

Went and had a new exhaust put on the worm.... Cat, pipes and muffler.... After driving around town making a few stops here and there, when I went to start up it took like for ever to get it to start. Turns over but just not running. Pumping the gass a couple times, turning it over and pumping one or two more time it fires up.

I read that due to the new cat there may be some serious heat coming off it and basicly cooking the fuel in the lines.... What do you all think? How do I take care of this?

The last cat I had on there, well lets just say when the dude took it off, it came off in like oh 30 diffrent pieces.

WGLWRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
rykemc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Fuel lines run down drivers side of frame, exhaust is on passenger side.. Correct?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/m...build-1502848/

APRIL 2013 YJOTM

JUNE 2014 YJOTM
rykemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
WGLWRM
1988 YJ Wrangler 

yes sir....

Let me add.... HEI distro, new fuel pump again... third on this year... new fuel filter, fuel sending unit... 2500 miles on a rebuilt.... by the time I get done with all this, I could have bought a new Jeep. But where is the fun in that....lol
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #4
CB10101
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Does the new cat have the small pipe that comes back for the egr valve?
CB10101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
WGLWRM
1988 YJ Wrangler 

To be honest I have no idea....
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
WGLWRM
1988 YJ Wrangler 

where would I check to see if it does?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.