Thermostat Housing Spewing Coolant HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Thermostat Housing Spewing Coolant HELP

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
paxcrunner
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Thermostat Housing Spewing Coolant HELP

SO i decided that I would change up the thermostat, easy enough. Well now i have gasket #2 on there and I thought it was fine, till it reached operating temp and not its literally spraying fluid out of the housing. I think it may have a crack in it? Ideas? I replaced all of the hoses and the thermostat. Where can i find a new housing for it? I dont even know what to take pictures of if you guys want to see, so please anything you can do.

paxcrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxcrunner View Post
SO i decided that I would change up the thermostat, easy enough. Well now i have gasket #2 on there and I thought it was fine, till it reached operating temp and not its literally spraying fluid out of the housing. I think it may have a crack in it? Ideas? I replaced all of the hoses and the thermostat. Where can i find a new housing for it? I dont even know what to take pictures of if you guys want to see, so please anything you can do.
You can buy that housing, look online, Napa has it and I think Autozone too. You can also upgrade to a high flow model, there's a thread on here with a pic of it, I found it when I replaced my system.
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
paxcrunner
1988 YJ Wrangler 

ok, found the crack.. so where can i find the new housing, because I cant find it online.
photo.jpg  
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
paxcrunner
1988 YJ Wrangler 

ha, spoke too soon, thanks!
Unread 05-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
ok, found the crack.. so where can i find the new housing, because I cant find it online.
right here where I said:

Store Locator | NAPA Online

If the link doesn't work, just go to napaonline and select your vehicle and search thermostat housing.
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #6
paxcrunner
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Monkeyhouse, thanks!

Now I'm wondering if you or someone can tell me wha exactly the hose that goes from me thermostat housing to the intake manifold is called, I went to napa and the guy couldn't find the part
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Monkeyhouse, thanks!

Now I'm wondering if you or someone can tell me wha exactly the hose that goes from me thermostat housing to the intake manifold is called, I went to napa and the guy couldn't find the part
Man, your napa guy stinks. I can walk into the local napa place and describe a part and this guy will find it. Here, I think the one you're talkin about is the third one down:

OEM Replacement Hoses and Other Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories by 4 Wheel Drive Hardware-RH3

and here:

Cooling System Parts - Radiators, Water Pump, Fan, Radiator Hoses & Belts for Jeep Cherokee XJ by Morris4x4

or here:

Search Results - Quadratec

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.