Is there a master parts catalog or parts number list? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is there a master parts catalog or parts number list?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 07-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #1
drew2000
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Is there a master parts catalog or parts number list?

Hey Guys,
I have been searching all over to find the part number for the brake fluid level sensor for a 1994 YJ. I can't find the part number anywhere (including at the dealer / OEM parts web sites).

Does anyone know if there is a master parts list with parts numbers that I could find? It seems like a lot of the stores have the attitude that if they don't sell it, it doesn't exist.

This is what I am looking for, but in a 1994 fitment (I sent these guys an email too):

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/sensor-...5013903aa.html

Thanks,
Drew

Unread 07-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yes there is. You can often find them on the Google.

I see no fluid level switch, so it must be part of a larger assembly and not sold separately.

7u8.jpg

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I had this conversation with another member a while back and the only solution was at the junkyard. Perhaps someone is parting out a jeep that could sell you one.
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #4
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The parts catalog you are looking for is on the same website as you were looking at.
They are at: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...x.htm#catalogs
Scroll down the page a bit and the links for the catalogs are there.
If you right click on the links there you can download and save a copy on your computer.

There isn't any brake fluid level sensor in YJ's.

The only switch/sensors in the brake system are:
1) Brake light switch on the brake pedal under the dash
2) E-Brake switch on the e-brake assembly under the dash
3) Pressure differential switch in the proportioning valve.
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #5
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloppk View Post
The parts catalog you are looking for is on the same website as you were looking at.
They are at: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...x.htm#catalogs

There isn't any brake fluid level sensor in YJ's.

The only switch/sensors in the brake system are:
1) Brake light switch on the brake pedal under the dash
2) E-Brake switch on the e-brake assembly under the dash
3) Pressure differential switch in the proportioning valve.
I think he is probably looking for number 3.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #6
drew2000
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you all, I guess it must be the pressure differential switch! Man, I spent an hour looking for this online. I really appreciate your help. In most of the online store catalogs, I would browse ALL of the brake parts, but never find it. Also, I would browse all of the Engine & Electrical parts, but never find anything.

Thanks again,
Drew
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
drew2000
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
Yes there is. You can often find them on the Google.

I see no fluid level switch, so it must be part of a larger assembly and not sold separately.

Thanks for your help Tim, I really appreciate the parts catalog image. From what I have been able to tell, the pressure differential switch comes with the proportioning valve (which kind of sucks, because mine is leaking). I guess I could try to find a new o-ring and reseat mine, but I have to find an O-ring that is built to handle brake fluid.

Drew

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.