Is there any engine that can bolt in on stock mounts on a yj? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is there any engine that can bolt in on stock mounts on a yj?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Unread 08-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
Jacoblytleyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Is there any engine that can bolt in on stock mounts on a yj?

I was wondering if there's any engine that will bolt into stock mounts on my yj and if not whats the eisiest swap?

Unread 08-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
SeanB95YJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

basically - no, without changing mounts you're stuck replacing with the same

as far as changing engines (I assume you'd want to go for more power) the easiest (but not the cheapest) would be to install a stroker, as it's basically a 4.0 with different internals. but there's no change (that I'm aware of) in motor mounts or wiring.

next easiest (and possibly cheaper than the stroker, depending on your source for engine) would be a carbed small block v8 (Chevy, Ford or Mopar).... for the most part, that's just a matter of changing the mounts, as there's really no wiring to worry about. This option though would make your YJ not "street legal" in most areas due to it wouldn't pass visual inspection for emissions requirements (that's up to you to find out for your specific area)
Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
swap/build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...hread-1542284/
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
Jacoblytleyj
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I was thinking of building a stroker with the 4.0 I got in it already and just buying a 4.2 liter for the parts. And I can swap it where I live cuz there's no emissions. I'm already running catless. If i was gonna swap it I would do a ford 302

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.