Thanks pete1991YJ New CSP Sensor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Thanks pete1991YJ New CSP Sensor

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #1
ALanePK
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks pete1991YJ New CSP Sensor

If you check my first post on 7/4/13. You'll see that along with many others I was having problems where the 4.0L would just stop running. Not much to go on. pete1991YJ made a good case for the CrankShaft Position Sensor. Including how to get fault codes. #11 showed ignition fault. Replaced the CSP Sensor today and all seems well. It's an easy fix. Crawling under the jeep was the hardest part. One bolt on the bell housing and an electrical connector up near the firewall on top of the manifold.
(Some models have 2 bolts).
OH... by the way... the bolts are metric.
I've smiled before. But this time the engine actually seems to be running better. Especially at low speeds. Did many On-Off's. Started every time. Fingers crossed.

ALanePK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good to see it fixed!!
Unread 07-17-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the feedback!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.