Tf999 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tf999

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 05-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
SLCSmoker
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Tf999

Well it seems I've sealed most of the engine oil leaks (pan, rear main etc) now I just have a tranny leak... For the sake of speed I was going to pick up a junkyard tranny, service it and swap it out for the leaky one. Does the 'right' TF999 come on anything else apart from a YJ and are they a straight swap?

Help much appreciated!

SLCSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

If you have the 4.2, I think you can use the one froma cj also but that tf999 is also known by another number, tf727 or 777, something like that
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

TF999 is the same as the 32RH but it is computer controlled. The TF999 is exclusive to Jeep from 1991 to 2001

All TF999 are a straight swap.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
deathtrap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

It comes down to bell housing pattern. they were used in a LOT of mopars, but you need one from a inline 6 cyl. jeep.
deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

didn;t they use them in the amc cars also, and the international scouts and pick ups?
Unread 05-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
ninjakid
1987 YJ Wrangler 

TF999's came in cjs as well and are identical.
Shift linkage is different so you'd need the original.
Get the mopar pan gasket for it.
Its a thick rubber covered metal gasket and its far better than a cork gasket.
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
SLCSmoker
1990 YJ Wrangler 

So any Wrangler up to 2001 or CJ with an auto is the same?

Going to have it rebuilt and swap out the leaky one.

And Yes its a 4.2...
Unread 05-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #8
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

'87 to '95 trannies are the simplest to exchange. Plug in and go.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you are taking it out you might as well upgrade...Aw4 from a Cherokee. I just bolted one up and it was straight toward. Pros. Same gear pattern plus overdrive, they are everywhere, reliable. Cons. Slight modifications needed. Just a thought.

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #10
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

what mods? i read it was actually a fair bit of work to swap a cherokee automatic into our jeeps?
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
SLCSmoker
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I don't mind the tranny, it just leaks and I don't fancy having the YJ sat while the tranny gets refurbed. Plus its always nice to have a spare!

87 to 95 it is, I'll go find one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.