Tester - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tester

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 06-08-2014, 12:14 AM   #1
jasonjones21
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Tester

Would like to be a parts tester for any Yj manufacture my jeep is my daily driver and I wouldn't mind even putting any Yj product advertisements on my jeep for parts

jasonjones21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Good luck with that!
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
Jeepsr4me

I been standing in line since 04... Dont think its moving... So dont hold your breath.
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 05:23 AM   #4
plym49
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Riiiighttttt - - - Because manufacturers don't have any testing capability of their own, competitors would want to test on the same person's Jeep, and we all know there is nothing better than simply adding whatever random pieces come one's way is far better than building one's own Jeep to suit individual purpose.
plym49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #5
maddoc
1994 YJ Wrangler 

hell if this is all it takes to be a product tester sign me up too
maddoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #6
flcracker
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoc View Post
hell if this is all it takes to be a product tester sign me up too
Is this where we sign up??

My Jeep is possessed with the goal of making me lose my religion....
flcracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

As a heads-up, vendors sometimes choose testers by reading threads & carefully selecting a few folks that have been progressively building their Jeep. Some vendors have a selection process & a game plan to help ensure they receive quality feedback whether it be good, bad, or otherwise.

Sometimes vendors get screwed by folks after they get a free part or system. By that, I mean they disappear behind the woodshed & do not provide the vendor test results or adequate feedback. Basically they rip-off the vendor & don't hold up their end of the bargain. This has happened many times that I know of here on JF and on other forums.

As far as YJ's go, vendor testing & test candidates has become less & less over the last few years due to vendors looking to test newer models and products designed for newer Jeeps.

The list is long as far as me being asked to be a tester by vendors, so I have a little insight on the process.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #8
rbthompsonv
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure that testing is the same in this world as in others.. but, from personal experience, just owning said device doesnt tend to get you into the development/testing phase of vendors. They usually look for testers who are "in the field" they are dealing with. Or they offer pro-deals where if you work for a company that sells their products, they will give you MASSIVE discounts on their new stuff... provided that you, by word of mouth, sell their product or give them feedback (depends on what they are looking to get back from you as an end-user.
Ive worked in several fields on both sides of that spectrum... pro-deals are easier to come by because there is a financial investment by the end user... and very few companies still actively use a third party "beta-tester" system.
It helps if you are already knowledgable of whatever equipment you are using and if you are well written and read by others.

Just some info to chew over.
rbthompsonv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 09:52 PM   #9
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

^^^Well said^^^ This is another factor that often comes into play.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2014, 11:50 PM   #10
jasonjones21
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ok what about advertising for any venders. Maybe get a discount on there products?
jasonjones21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #11
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Joe...How are you liking the East Coast?
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2014, 07:56 AM   #12
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjones21 View Post
Ok what about advertising for any venders. Maybe get a discount on there products?
This company has a photo contest going on right now.
You e mail them and get their sticker and a $25 in store credit.
Put the sticker on your Jeep and take a picture with the sticker in a place it can be seen and the Jeep in action.
Sumit the photo and if you are voted the best photo for the month you will win a $500 in store credit.
http://steinjager.com/contest.php
Unread 06-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #13
Jeepsr4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjones21 View Post
Lots of places give 10% or so just for saying you member here... Or do search on net for Promo codes...
Saved me 15 % once on ARTEC bracket.
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.