teraflex revolver shackles vs boomerang 5/8 more shackles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > teraflex revolver shackles vs boomerang 5/8 more shackles

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 01-28-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
jpringles
1994 YJ Wrangler 

teraflex revolver shackles vs boomerang 5/8 more shackles

let me know your guys expirence with them... i've heard really good things about both. i just need a little help on my decision. thanks
Jeremy

jpringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 01:04 AM   #2
jpringles
1994 YJ Wrangler 

bump.......
Unread 01-28-2010, 02:17 AM   #3
Marine_Mike
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have the revolver shackles on my 91. They work well if you take care of them. I didn't pay any attention the greasing the joints... and they seized up on me. It took a 2 ton press and a butt load of hammering to get them apart. If you take care of them... they are phenomenal.
Marine_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 05:34 AM   #4
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine_Mike View Post
I have the revolver shackles on my 91. They work well if you take care of them. I didn't pay any attention the greasing the joints... and they seized up on me. It took a 2 ton press and a butt load of hammering to get them apart. If you take care of them... they are phenomenal.
x2, i had revolvers when i was sua and they work wonders when set up right. most people shun them that never ran them but they have no idea what they are talking about. if you are sua get them, remove trac and sway bars get extended brake lines, remove your shocks, flex it to get a proper shock measurement and your good to go to order the shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #5
jpringles
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy View Post
x2, i had revolvers when i was sua and they work wonders when set up right. most people shun them that never ran them but they have no idea what they are talking about. if you are sua get them, remove trac and sway bars get extended brake lines, remove your shocks, flex it to get a proper shock measurement and your good to go to order the shocks.

sweet well thanks for the help.
Unread 01-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
jpringles
1994 YJ Wrangler 

anyone else?
Unread 08-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
jebnmikki
2006 KJ Liberty 

I will know some time next week my CJ5 I just got has them front and rear and it has a lot of flex. it is 7" SOA lifted with them. gonna take it on some easy trails to get a feel for it. I have always had full size rigs and one cherokee and now the MJ and CJ5 so got to get ues to the smaller wheel base CJ and smaller Jeep truck off road. Jeff
Unread 08-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
HI,
Been looking at revolvers for years. Question: how do you deal with the parking brake line when at full flex? That seems like a problem to me.

Sparky
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 01:25 AM   #9
MPsoldier
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a 95 YJ with 4" lift thats also SOA. I was wanting to buy the revolver shackles, But I have one concern. They seem to me that they dont have a lot of lateral support and would seem to break easy when hitting some ruts or something. Anyone have any experience or anything to add??
MPsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Another option is save the money on the revolvers and buy a locker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #11
MPsoldier
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Another option is save the money on the revolvers and buy a locker.

RockWorm, I've already have a ARB in my Dana 44
Unread 10-08-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
RockWoRM
Don't Fear the Jeeper

1992 YJ Wrangler 

t'was'nt addressing anyone in particular... just a little sarcastic quip.

I honestly have nothing aginst revolers, but a locker IMO will make up for most loses in traction or flex.

I believe they have their place, but on the other hand, there are certain situations where, IMO, they are not suited the best. this FJs front almost lifted off the ground trying to pull this ledge. revolver fully unloaded. he could have gone over backwards.

he did make it, however... but prolly due to the fact he had the 'easy button' engaged!

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 11:03 AM   #13
MPsoldier
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, good to know. I've read some reviews and it seems about 50/50 on good and bad opnions and expierence's. But I do agree about having a locker in place of Loss traction due to a lack of flex.
Unread 10-08-2010, 11:13 AM   #14
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I'm NOT directing this towards anybody inparticular, but whatever way you go, if you get lots of flex, make dang sure that your driveline ujoints are not surpassing their limits.

If you don't, you risk putting them in a bind & eventually grenading them at possibly the worse possible time. I've seen this happen far too many times by folks who overlook the obvious.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #15
MPsoldier
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dually Noted!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.