Temperature Gauge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Temperature Gauge

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #1
rammer

Temperature Gauge

I think my jeeps running hot but my tempature gauge isn't working. I changed my temperature sending unit and still nothing. It has to be my gauge becase if I hit the dash it will to move up slightly but only a bit.

I have two questions if it is running hot or overheating will it start to steam, or stall or do anything that I would be able to tell after driving for a while. I only think its hot because the floor behind the passenger seat gets so hot which I belive happens to alot of people, I checked under the Jeep and nothing is red hot or anything but I don't think I have a heatsheild.

and second I am having trouble finding the origial temp gauge by it self everyone I call wants to sell me the hole Jeep cluster. If I can't find an original temp gauge by itself, how hard is it to put in a aftermarket temperature gauge, and is there anything special in a gauge I need to look for hope that isn't a stupid question but I really don't know.

Thanks for anyhelp

Last edited by rammer; 04-29-2004 at 09:31 AM..
rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Are you sure you changed the temp sensor for the gauge and not the one on the thermostat housing for the computer? You wouldn't be the first person to make that mistake. The heat you are describing sounds like it is coming from the exhaust and not the engine.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2004, 07:02 AM   #3
pushead

You can buy a temp gauge by itself almsot any where. Walmart, autozone, discount, napa. I know this becuase I just bought one and compared all these stores for price.
pushead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2004, 09:33 AM   #4
rammer

I will have to check which one was changed a buddy did it. I ordered it as the sending unit for the gauge. It was a like a little brass fitting that measured the coolent tempature. Hope the right one was changed, he did it while he was fixing the manafold gasket.

Although I think it may be the gauge because it will move up if I hit it, but not very far.

Last edited by rammer; 04-29-2004 at 09:38 AM..
rammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2004, 09:47 AM   #5
guitarplayer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammer
and second I am having trouble finding the origial temp gauge by it self everyone I call wants to sell me the hole Jeep cluster. If I can't find an original temp gauge by itself, how hard is it to put in a aftermarket temperature gauge, and is there anything special in a gauge I need to look for hope that isn't a stupid question but I really don't know.

Thanks for anyhelp
In my cluster the amp gauge didnīt work. I took i apart and cleaned the connectors with spirit and the gauge start working just fine. But the temp gauge didnīt work until you knocked on the instrument. I did the same thing took it apart and cleaned the connectors and it started to working just fine!
guitarplayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.