Temperature gauge - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Temperature gauge

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #16
jojojeep1
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i changed my tranny fluid than put it all back togather and my temp gauge stoped working also,it ended up that the tranny droped down to far and the wire pulled of the sensor ,easy fix . thank GOD i get a lot of those no money easy fixes.

jojojeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
rm56
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jblood View Post
Today I was driving and noticed that my temperature gauge had suddenly stopped working. I drive a 1987 Wrangler and I'm proud to have one. What I am wondering is where the sending unit is(So I can Work on it) or what could have caused this problem any insight would be great.

Thanks
-John
I don't know which engine you have. I have a straight six in my 91 YJ. On that engine the sending unit to the guage is at the rear of the head on the drivers side. If you climb up and bend way over the block you'll see it. It's a small probe that has an "L" shaped connection that just pushes on like a spark plug wire. The temp sensor up front near the thermostat is the coolant sensor for the computer, not the gauge. Also it does'nt hurt to take your gauge cluster out and clean the contacts, and the one plug to the harness.
rm56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.