Temp sending unit, HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Temp sending unit, HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
PFCLinscomb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Temp sending unit, HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

I have been looking for the Temp sending unit for the gauge inside the cab.

I have been told it on the diver side corner of the head but i cant see it.
Can someone take a picture of theirs so i can see it? if not i have posted some pics to see what im talking about. The reason i ask i because the last owner took the ECU Tempo unit out and just left it hanging, and put the gauge sending unit in its place and just added wire to make it reach out of the wiring harness.

Here is a pic of what it looks like. If someone could draw an arrow of where it is or post you own pic's, i would appreciate it.

Times you kick yourself in your own ***: When that stupid Private wakes the whole platoon up by running through the bay screaming "Reveille,Reveille,Reveille!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And your like "Who the hell put that guy on last fire guard" and then you realize.... You did -.-
PFCLinscomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

This is a pic from the firewall side of the engine before it was installed. It's kind of fuzzy but hopefully will give you an idea.
engine-install-jeep-004.jpg  

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones
Catch me on the highway or about to tear the mall up.
Leans93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
PFCLinscomb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
This is a pic from the firewall side of the engine before it was installed. It's kind of fuzzy but hopefully will give you an idea.
Do you see it here?
Times you kick yourself in your own ***: When that stupid Private wakes the whole platoon up by running through the bay screaming "Reveille,Reveille,Reveille!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" And your like "Who the hell put that guy on last fire guard" and then you realize.... You did -.-
Unread 08-17-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I don't see it there. Taking a better look at your first picture. The sensor in your hand goes where that little white one is plugged in to your thermostat housing. The little one that is currently in your thermostat housing is the one that should be screwed in near the firewall. The hole for it apparently is plugged with something or else it would spill coolant out of the head. I have not heard of this sensor being non exsistant so maybe someone else will chime in.

93' YJ 4.0L AX-15, 4" Pro Comp lift, 3/4" shackles, 1" BL, 33x12.5x15 BGF MT's, and some other stuff

Quote:
Unread 08-17-2011, 04:53 PM   #5
PFCLinscomb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leans93 View Post
I don't see it there. Taking a better look at your first picture. The sensor in your hand goes where that little white one is plugged in to your thermostat housing. The little one that is currently in your thermostat housing is the one that should be screwed in near the firewall. The hole for it apparently is plugged with something or else it would spill coolant out of the head. I have not heard of this sensor being non exsistant so maybe someone else will chime in.
Someone else told me "Looks like it was Swapped with an obd2 motor or head."
Its still running and OBDI ECU though. its goofy. It would makes since though. The last owner said that the motor was brand new with only 20,000 Miles on it. :P
Unread 08-17-2011, 05:06 PM   #6
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

If it is OBDII then I'm not sure where the hole for the sensor would be. I took one more shot to see if it helps. You can see the gray over white of the sensor and the base is brass looking. It is right near the last bolt that holds the manifolds on.
dsc00644.jpg  

Quote:
Unread 08-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #7
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFCLinscomb View Post
Do you see it here?
Nope, further back and around the corner, between the valve cover and the firewall. At least that's where the one on my 4.2 is, I don't know for sure on the 4.0.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM   #8
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timatoe View Post
Nope, further back and around the corner, between the valve cover and the firewall. At least that's where the one on my 4.2 is, I don't know for sure on the 4.0.

Same place on the 4.0

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobile_Homie View Post
Same place on the 4.0
ditto; I just replaced mine a few weeks ago
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
PFCLinscomb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post

Max
Its just not there :P I called the previous owner and it is a OBDii engine that got swapped from a earlier model jeep out so that's why there is not a second tap in the back for the temp sending unit and why he did what he did with the ECU sender. So problem solved... well kinda anyway :P
Unread 08-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #12
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

You mean a later engine. Or from a Cherokee. My wife's YJ 4.0L had the same issue. No hole to screw in a sender for the gauge.

I installed one of these, and now the sender is hooked up & the gauge works perfectly.

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=...247&catId=7969

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
Leans93
She's my density...

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Max for the win!

My engine is from a 93' Cherokee and has the hole in the correct location.

Quote:
Unread 08-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #14
PFCLinscomb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
You mean a later engine. Or from a Cherokee. My wife's YJ 4.0L had the same issue. No hole to screw in a sender for the gauge.

I installed one of these, and now the sender is hooked up & the gauge works perfectly.

http://www.hesco.us/shop.asp?action=...247&catId=7969

Max
Aww man thanks for the link, i just ordered one
Unread 08-18-2011, 12:57 PM   #15
dtn8tr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Guess what.... Max had a picture of course!

Most good stories start out "Y'all ain't gonna believe this ****...."
dtn8tr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tempurature sending unit

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.