Temp Sender Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Temp Sender Problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-16-2001, 10:32 PM   #1
dkirsch

Temp Sender Problem

Hey guys. I am a new member and have a electrical problem I just can't figure out. My temp guage on my '90 YJ has never worked since I bought it (few months ago). I checked the wiring behind the guage, and it seems intact. What do I check first? Is there a part that usually goes bad. Any info helps. Also, does anyone have a wiring harness diagram they can email me? The engine is a 4.0 straight six. Thanks for the help.

Unread 11-17-2001, 01:09 AM   #2
sturgman

mines out too!! I just ignore it...beer always seems to get in the way!!keep wavin..
sturgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2001, 06:51 AM   #3
glm 87 wrangler

Ok I have a 256 but mine went out I just replaced it with a add on from advanced auto
did not want to go through the dash deal again.Sent the wire through fire wall put the new sender wire to the side of the engine block near the intake.Took out the old one also replaced with new one.Cost me 15.00 bucks and 10min.easy job.most have universal
plug adapters.hope this helps.I put my new gage near my emerg.brake handle.Ok just got to look down.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.