Temp Guage moving - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Temp Guage moving

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
Tony01
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Temp Guage moving

My temp guage on my 95wrangler 4litre moves up and down between the 100mark and the 80mark. I have replaced the sensor and put on a seperate earth strap but it still does it .
does anyone know why this is happenning. regards tony

Tony01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
monkeyhouse
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony01 View Post
My temp guage on my 95wrangler 4litre moves up and down between the 100mark and the 80mark. I have replaced the sensor and put on a seperate earth strap but it still does it .
does anyone know why this is happenning. regards tony
If you remove the gauge cluster(carefully) there is a thin piece of plastic behind it. You'll see it looks like a PC Board, clean the lines with a pencil eraser. May not be the problem, but they are almost always dirty.
Unread 05-16-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Tony01
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks will have a look next week.
regards tony
Tony01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.