Temp gauge needle fluttering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Temp gauge needle fluttering

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 09-14-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
mudsweatNgearz
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Temp gauge needle fluttering

I just purchased my first ever Jeep....87 Wrangler Loredo 4.2 MT. When i got her The only gauge that worked was the speedo. I have all the gauges working now but the temp gauge needle flutters around like crazy. When the engine is at an idle the needle settles down to an accurate reading but as soon as the rpms come up it flutters like crazy. I'm guessing it has to do with the voltage but don't know how to fix it.

mudsweatNgearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum.

Check the wire going to the temp sensor:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/t...orking-687856/

If the wiring is good the there is a writeup on cleaning the contacts for the guage itelf.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.