temp gauge moves when throttle is applied - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > temp gauge moves when throttle is applied

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
redneck23ms
1992 YJ Wrangler 

temp gauge moves when throttle is applied

in the last couple days my temp gauge has been acting funny. once it gets warmed up the temp gauge ready will drop whenever i press on the throttle. as soon as i let off the throttle pedal the gauge jumps back to the proper position. anybody have any insight on this?

redneck23ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like something is loose or a bad ground. You check your sensor wire and make sure the connection is clean and if that doesn't do anything, pull out you gauge cluster and clean the connections on the back of that too.

Your sensor is a ground and as it heats up, it makes more resistance so the gauge deflects. That why the way to test if your gauge is good is by touching the sensor wire to the block or a known good ground. If you touch the wire to ground, the gauge will deflect fully meaning all the wiring and the gauge are good. That test lets you know the sensor is no good

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction". --I am not sure who said this but it properly describes our president.
superj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.