temp and fuel gauge dont work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > temp and fuel gauge dont work

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
jeepstillhaslif
1995 YJ Wrangler 

temp and fuel gauge dont work

would like somemore info becuase the more I read on this problem, ppl seem to have diff answers. So I have a 1995 yj 2.5l, the temp gauge and the fuel gauge dont work. Ive read that it could be in the tank itself, then I read on another forum that if the fuel gauge reads at the F line all the time, that it could be the ground. Then I read about the temp sending unit bieng located under the drivers side dash, and under the in back of engine. Help.. O and has soon as I turn on the jeep the temp gauge moves slightly and thats about it. And yes Ive gone threw so many forums already but at this point just confused.

jeepstillhaslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Temp gauge sensor for the gauge is on the drivers side cylinder head rear. Single purple wire. Ground the wire out the gauge pegs high. Fuel gauges are sent a signal from inside the tank from the sending unit. They read 0-95 ohms IIRC. If the gauge is reading hitgh all the time yes it could be a bad sending unit input. Requires tank removal to replace or repair. Or just cut an access hole in the tub over the tank to gain regular access to the pump and sending unit.

Welcome to the forum!!! I just noticed so edited.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184

Last edited by jokerchief462; 03-28-2013 at 12:43 PM.. Reason: New Member intro
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Here is a current thread on the YJ page that will let you lknow how to fix the fuel gauge.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...gauge-1500358/

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It is not the ground issue. The fuel pump shares the ground with the guage. The ground issue would kill your fuel pump.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #5
jeepstillhaslif
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That was some good detail info on the replacement for the fuel gauge. Thanks alot. Ima try checking the voltage to the temp gauge to see what my reading is. Along with checking the voltage to the fuel gauge as well ima read that post again, kinda confusing but sure does seem to work. Thanks for the help. And yep new to this forum. Tryna bring life back into the jeep. Just needs some TLC
jeepstillhaslif is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.