Tech Talk: Image Hosting and Posting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tech Talk: Image Hosting and Posting

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Closed Thread
Unread 08-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tech Talk: Image Hosting and Posting

How to post pictures in your thread:

I just read a post wherein the author was describing his results painting his Jeep with Rustoleum and then with another product. He was talking about finish and results, but then admitted he had no idea how to post photos into his thread. Kind of made no sense to talk about visuals and not supply any. So, here for everyone who doesn’t know, is a step-by-step guide to hosting and posting your pictures.

Step 1: Get a photo hosting account

Its really very easy and free. I prefer Photobucket as it is unlimited storage, free, and easy to use. Go to Photobucket.com and sign up for a free account: www.photobucket.com and click the “sign up” button. They will ask for some very basic info as seen in the picture below. Fill it out and submit.

Photobucket will send you an email to confirm you are not some random BOT. Open the email and click the confirmation link. It will take you to the login screen:

Once logged in, simply click the UPLOAD button,

Choose the [Select Photos and Videos] button.

This will open up a window allowing you to select the images from your computer. Find the the Picture(s) from your computer you wish to add to your post and click OPEN. You can upload multiple images into Photobucket by holding down the Control button on your keyboard and left clicking all the images you want.

They will automatically upload to Photobucket.

Once uploaded, click VIEW ALBUM.

Find the Image you just uploaded, find the “IMG Code” and Control+C (right click copy) that IMG code.

Step 2: Putting a Picture Into Your Thread

Open your thread, and Control+V (right click paste) it into your post. Finish your post and click [Submit New Thread], [Reply to Thread], OR to double check your work, click [Preview Post] and then submit it.

91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35 -Busted Knuckles Yellow Jeep Club #91
05 LJ Rubicon "Ghost" 4" RE Lift 1" BL 33s
Luuca is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a win to me.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good but should be moved to general discussion for two reasons. Mainly because it'll get more views. Mind if I link back to it for the yjotm contest?
Unread 08-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Looks good but should be moved to general discussion for two reasons. Mainly because it'll get more views. Mind if I link back to it for the yjotm contest?
No worries on move/link.. I just wanted to help those computer challenged to post up pics and videos easier. Hell, for that matter, sticky it to the new member rules etc.
Unread 08-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
Opihi59
from here it gets rough

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Needs to be Stickied in the FAQ. I am not certain that there is or isn't one there, but this does belong there as it is well written and explained.

Fill out your PROFILE, and don't forget to look in the FAQ for writeups

I'm stuck on da Rock http://kamfamily.wordpress.com/2009/...waiian-limpet/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian4.2 View Post
We will be going Metric every inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40dog View Post
yes I'm a some guy and have always put gasket sealer on my surfaces before mating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virjeep View Post
You should go to Pirate. I hear they are real smart over there. You'd fit right in.
Opihi59 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bump out of necessity.
Unread 09-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

tinypic.com is far faster and easier for posting occasional pics.
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
attentionwhore
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
Needs to be Stickied in the FAQ. I am not certain that there is or isn't one there, but this does belong there as it is well written and explained.
I concur!
[COLOR="Green"]You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you are going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray to God they get there in time.
~unknown[/COLOR]
attentionwhore is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #9
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just one more thing to go with the "how to post pictures" theme.

Two words:

RESIZE IMAGES

After you load the image to your computer, using the photo program you have on hand (AC/DC, etc.).

Click on the image, click on "tools", click on "resize images", and set the width for 800, or 1000, or something like that.

Your choice.

Just please keep the image from going all the way over to New Jersey on my California screen.

It makes reading the text of your post wrap all the way over to the end of your picture.

PITA to read while scrolling side to side.

Sorry, pet peeve.

Unread 09-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlbook48
Just one more thing to go with the "how to post pictures" theme.

Two words:

RESIZE IMAGES

After you load the image toyour computer, using the photo program you have on hand (AC/DC, etc.), click onthe image, click on "tools", click on "resize images", andset the width for 800, or 1000, or something like that. Your choice. Justplease keep the image from going all the way over to New Jersey on my Californiascreen. It makes reading the text of your post wrap all the way over to the endof your picture. PITA to read while scrolling side to side.

Sorry, pet peeve.
I use Photobucket and have never had to resize an image hosted on there for these forums. I believe it auto sizes at 1024x768. That said, I too hate it when my screen goes all wonky with someone posting a raw image file. 6620x3270 or something larger.
Unread 09-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #11
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I use Photobucket and have never had to resize an image hosted on there for these forums. I believe it auto sizes at 1024x768. That said, I too hate it when my screen goes all wonky with someone posting a raw image file. 6620x3270 or something larger.
Yep. 'Splains the link to this thread in my profile and the link in all yjotm threads henceforth.

Thanks again for this!!
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #12
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I now see it...images need to be posted from a separate image URL account and pasted in instead of being uploaded direct to forum. If I would have looked at the "quote" , I might have picked this up...tnx to all.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #13
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
I now see it...images need to be posted from a separate image URL account and pasted in instead of being uploaded direct to forum. If I would have looked at the "quote" , I might have picked this up...tnx to all.
I typically put my pics on photobucket but if I just have one for a small update I'll upload it straight to JF after I resize properly. By using photobucket or another host site you can put the IMG links in between text for a more thorough explanation and/or description. That's what I do at least.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

As much as this thread benefits the Yj section, I believe it should be stickied in the general discussion or wrangler gen discussion or even general jeep and offroad to reach more people.
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #15
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
As much as this thread benefits the Yj section, I believe it should be stickied in the general discussion or wrangler gen discussion or even general jeep and offroad to reach more people.
I agree. I'll clean it up and move it this weekend
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Tags
adding photos , adding pics , photo hosting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.