Team Rush Weird Wiring ???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Team Rush Weird Wiring ????

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
ZGYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Team Rush Weird Wiring ????

Hey all.

I am in the middle of doing the RUSH... and I ran into a snafu. Never used that word before, kinda fun. Anyway, cap and rotor... switched... drove it around for a couple of days and it's a big difference already, more usable power, quicker starts, more... you get the picture.

Anyway, went to do the coil switch, have all the parts and removed my old coil. I found my coil is attached with a YELLOW wire that goes to the connector with the BAT marking on it.

The other connection is a green wire with a white stripe, that goes to the other connection.

My PIGTAIL has two green wires with yellow stripes (one I've gathered is for TACH) and the other is for ground. The other wire is RED with a BLACK stripe.

SO.... what connects to what?

Yellow to GREEN? Yellow to RED? Or vice-versa?

Thanks... and help.. I have to get this buttoned up tonight!

Good Jeeping!

ZGYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
ZGYJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Jeep Hammer for the PM reply. I didn't get your second PM, my box was full.

Everything is wired up and running nicely, I went with Accel 8mm wires cut to fit and opened the plugs up to 45. My YJ fires up easily and pulls nicely, the only thing left to do is change the advance so it keeps on pulling.
ZGYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
jeepdude1987
1987 YJ Wrangler 

What was the wiring? I'm going to do that mod pretty soon (as in I have all the parts sitting in the Jeep right now, and just need to get-r-done) and I want to know cause I haven't seen how to do it.
jeepdude1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
Augy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Looking for this answer as well...
Augy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.