team rush - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > team rush

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 05-24-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
NJscott
1990 YJ Wrangler 

team rush

I read a lot of the threads on this and decided to do it. ive got everything except the new coil and wont be able to get it till next weekend. Can I replace everything else and run it on the old coil till next weekend?

daystar 1" bl
1.25" booms
NJscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #2
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, Your factory coil will work fine. The only issue I could possibly see is the coil wire may not fit properly(the ford cap has studs instead of holes.) That's easy enough to try before you install it.
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
NJscott
1990 YJ Wrangler 

so i did it last night... a little too early to notice any improvements but two of the six plugs were grimed up all the way through the gap she had to have been running on only four. this morning was the easiest start up ever and ill bet she hasnt ran this good since 1990.
daystar 1" bl
1.25" booms
NJscott is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.