Tapping/knocking from front right corner of axle? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tapping/knocking from front right corner of axle?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #16
jeep_maniack
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laredojo View Post
no video.
Works for me...

I agree it's not normal, I'm just wondering if it's normal for the whole thing to shake like that since the u-joint bearings are out. I believe the joint being out would cause that, but yes either way I will get it fixed.
Thanks guys!

()_)=o()_)=o=)_)__-_-__-__-_-___
jeep_maniack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2011, 05:04 PM   #17
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

A bad ujoint needs to be replaced but will not make the wheels fall off. The stub shaft is connected to the unit bearing by that big *** 36mm nut, the unit bearing is then bolted to the knuckle and the wheel is bolted to the unit bearing, unless there's some major unexplainable physics at work the wheel cannot fall off because of a bad ujoint. You can physically separate the ujoint and pull the inner shaft completely out and still get your rig home.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #18
jeep_maniack
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Okay good to know, thanks! I'm getting a bunch of stuff looked at today so I'll just have them look at the front u-joints as well.
Thanks everybody!
()_)=o()_)=o=)_)__-_-__-__-_-___
jeep_maniack is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.