Taking body off of frame (90' YJ) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Taking body off of frame (90' YJ)

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-13-2005, 08:54 PM   #1
greenmonster

Taking body off of frame (90' YJ)

Hey Im new to taking the body off of a frame. How much work is exactly involved in doing so?

greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2005, 09:06 PM   #2
BlueTorch

A lot. Call me if you want any pointers. be sure to remove all the body mounts. There are a couple in the rear that I have seen a few people miss and bend the body trying to remove it.

Thanks
Dan
334-673-2755

Check out our Facebook fan page!
www.facebook.com/bluetorchfab
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlueTorch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
quiksand

Is the whole Jeep gutted? If the motor and all of the wiring are still intact........well, have fun. That would be a nightmare. I have had mine off, but when I did it, there was no motor and it was still a job and a half. Body mounts, and one of the bolts broke on the rear passenger corner, steering column, that wasn't too bad, brake booster, that wasn't too bad either, slave cylinder, worse, 1,000,000 vacuum hoses, horrible, grill and radiator, a little better. This is not a job for the amature by any means.

Very soon: Painless Harness, CJ style dash w/Autometer gauges, 38.5X14.5 TSL/SXs, EZ-Locker/Spool, Waggy Springs

[COLOR=DarkRed]RJC Member #350[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything." [/COLOR]
quiksand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #4
greenmonster

Hey it doesnt matter what I break, as long as the body and frame are intact in the end im good. I plan on putting a Black Diamond xtreme coil link suspension and repainting the entire body along with lynx or rhino liner on frame and entire under carriage. Question have you heard anything about the Black Diamond suspension?
greenmonster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.