Tailpipe Hanger Bracket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tailpipe Hanger Bracket

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 11-08-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
gazeux
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Tailpipe Hanger Bracket

I can't find this bracket anywhere. Does anyone know where I can order it, or is it a dealer order only? Thanks in advance!

gazeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 09:41 AM   #2
JaySpencer66
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Check the exhaust hangers here and see if something will work for you:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...exhaust+hanger
[color=#996600]/l[/color][color=#000000] , [/color][color=#996600] [[/color][color=#000000]____[/color][color=#996600]][/color],
[color=#996600]l---L--[color=#CCCCCC][][/color][color=#996600]lllllll[/color][color=#CCCCCC][][/color]-[/color]
[color=#000000][b]()_) ()_)[/b]----[b])_)[/b]
[/color][Url=http://www.deepblueforum.com]Deep Blue Forum[/url]
Member #1 of the "I Hate Torx Club!"
~anyone with a Jeep is an automatic member, and anyone can be member #1~
JaySpencer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #3
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I'm pretty sure that's dealer only... It's not all that expensive either. Make sure you order all of the parts you'll need.

IE. When I ordered mine, I got just the hanger bracket and then I needed to go back and also order the hanger clamp and insulator piece too.

BTW, it's a complete PITA to get on and off... I had all sorts of dirt and rust fall in my eyes that day.
Unread 11-08-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
mr. treat

when my rear bracket rusted out i just replaced it with a cheapo NAPA bracket. i had to do some improvising to mount it, but it holds up fine.
mr. treat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 07:40 AM   #5
gazeux
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the help guys... I ordered the hanger from the dealer yesterday and i'm picking it up today.(only 20 bucks) Luckily I have the gas tank down so it will be easy to reinstall.
gazeux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 09:47 AM   #6
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

That might help! The tail pipe still gets in the way the most, but you should be able to swing that over to give yourself some more room.

That's one of the next steps on my list too... drop the tank and install those new clamps and maybe a skid while it's down. :P
Unread 11-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
bobbert350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. treat
when my rear bracket rusted out i just replaced it with a cheapo NAPA bracket. i had to do some improvising to mount it, but it holds up fine.

did same thing and on that hoop piece i just welded mine to the side of it works fine now guess if something happens i need a new down pipe tho since my down pipe is welded to the bracket but it works and im happy
bobbert350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.