Tailgate project..... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tailgate project.....

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 11-03-2011, 01:22 PM   #61
firefighter315
I got a brain sneeze....

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iced98lx View Post
Lol I need to do this. At least its less noticeable on green vs white.
I tried the bolt thing for a few weeks - even painted some hex head caps white trying to make them blend it. My OCD just wouldn't allow it. You are right about the green. Much harder to notice it appears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs93 View Post
I did something similar to you firefighter315, except I left the spare tire rubber bumpers and I covered the tailgate holes in order to do a drop down...
I kept the tire bumpers too and have used them for several things since. Everything on a Jeep can be resourced elsewhere! My buddy took one of his after removing his carrier and bolted it to his tire stop on the passenger side temporarily to keep the gate from hitting the stop or his tail light before going with some flush mounts.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.