Tailgate Lock - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Tailgate Lock

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 11-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
dschmid18
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Tailgate Lock

The tailgate lock is locked and the key will not unlock the tailgate. How do I solve this problem?

dschmid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
stevedude19
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschmid18 View Post
The tailgate lock is locked and the key will not unlock the tailgate. How do I solve this problem?
look at the inside of the tailgate tighten anything that can be tightened
Unread 11-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #3
dschmid18
1990 YJ Wrangler 

What is the best way to access the inside of the tailgate? Remember... The tailgate is closed and is locked and cannot be opened.
dschmid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

There are screws on the inside of the locking mechanism itself accessible from inside the jeep.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.