T&T Project CLY-J - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > T&T Project CLY-J

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #31
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

WOW

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #32
TnTCustoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefyter-Emt View Post
What is your plan for the rear seat? I only ask because it seems like you would want to run the wheel wells further up and have more room in the rear. Although, it would also be a great spot to add some custom storage boxes with the extra space! As it sits, with the seat in the stock location to the foot well, you will have a lot of space on each side of the seat. Maybe you have room for a third seat from something like a Suburban? That could be set up to fold down, and use the quick release floor mounting. If you have room for that seat, you can bump seating up to 5! I happen to have a Suburban with this seat if you want some measurements.

Anyway, really slick work! I love seeing something done like this and not look hacked!
I stretched the Jeep to not only gain wheelbase but primarily to gain cargo space as well since I have two boys so a third seat isn't in the cards but it is an interesting idea. The current plan is to install the factory seat but likely move it rearward a couple inches to gain a little more foot room for passengers without sacrificing too much cargo space. I was actually thinking of building some boxes in front of the wheel wells that would include cup holders plus be used for arm rests as well as additional storage.
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #33
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What is your plan for the rear seat? I only ask because it seems like you would want to run the wheel wells further up and have more room in the rear. Although, it would also be a great spot to add some custom storage boxes with the extra space! As it sits, with the seat in the stock location to the foot well, you will have a lot of space on each side of the seat. Maybe you have room for a third seat from something like a Suburban? That could be set up to fold down, and use the quick release floor mounting. If you have room for that seat, you can bump seating up to 5! I happen to have a Suburban with this seat if you want some measurements.

Anyway, really slick work! I love seeing something done like this and not look hacked!

I installed a middle row seat out of a suburban into mine, its still only a two seater though.

forumrunner_20130507_092045.jpg

Sorry for the side track back to your regularly scheduled Bada$$ jeep build.
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #34
Firefyter-Emt
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTCustoms

I stretched the Jeep to not only gain wheelbase but primarily to gain cargo space as well since I have two boys so a third seat isn't in the cards but it is an interesting idea. The current plan is to install the factory seat but likely move it rearward a couple inches to gain a little more foot room for passengers without sacrificing too much cargo space. I was actually thinking of building some boxes in front of the wheel wells that would include cup holders plus be used for arm rests as well as additional storage.
What I was talking about was not so much adding a third seat, but using the third seat from a Suburban as your seat. It has flush mount brackets in the front and rear for removal. Plus no floor brackets sticking up. But more so, it may be a bit wider to utilize that extra space, and gain an extra seating position in your Jeep. You might still have leftover space for a cup holder design. Or maybe even custom speaker boxes with cup holders and storage!
Firefyter-Emt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #35
TnTCustoms

Quote:
What I was talking about was not so much adding a third seat, but using the third seat from a Suburban as your seat. It has flush mount brackets in the front and rear for removal. Plus no floor brackets sticking up. But more so, it may be a bit wider to utilize that extra space, and gain an extra seating position in your Jeep. You might still have leftover space for a cup holder design. Or maybe even custom speaker boxes with cup holders and storage!
Sorry for the confusion, I'll have to think about that one.
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #36
DW8520
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice build.
DW8520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #37
ginger-mech
1963 CJ5 

I was wondering where this went. Great work. Lookin' forward to more.
ginger-mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #38
TnTCustoms

Took advantage of the great weather Saturday to start cleaning up the frame. Removed all the leaf spring perches and trackbar mounts. Front shock towers will die as well as the new front coil mounts resemble a TJ's and have a shock tower built into them.
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #39
IEcrawlerTJ01
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What happens to this project?

???

Nuff said...
IEcrawlerTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #40
TnTCustoms

I needed something that was going to be drivable sooner so I purchased a 2013 JKU and built it up for the moment. We actually have a customer who may be interested in having us complete this project for him.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.