T-max winches - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > T-max winches

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
canesqb3

T-max winches

DONT BY T-MAX WINCHES

If you have one get rid of it...

I bought a winch like 5 months ago only to have it break when i went to tension it 2 weeks later. Unfortunatly I was never able to even test it off road, but i sent it in to Jack at Redding Four Wheel Drive in California the shipping was outrageous that I had to pay. Once there a month went by before I called only to find out no work had been done on it yet and to find out that jack the mechanic had ordered the wrong parts once, ordered other parts that broke before they came in. Also the man went on a week vacation before any work had been done. When he got back I called him again and he ordered more parts because he found something else had broken and was trying to repair that. Over two months later the winch was finally sent back to me.

This is the best part, when I went to test the clutch the handle fell off in my hand.

so now all that is left to do is to make sure i get a refund so that I can by a warn.

95 YJ 6 cyl., RE 4.5 XD lift, 33 X 12.5 TrXus STS all terrain, Mickey Thompson Classic II's, Tera Low SYE and CV Drive shaft, Smittybuilt rocker guards, Rock Hard Front Bumper and steering box skid, LOD Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier, 1" BL, tj flares,T-max 9000lb. winch, Overhead Sound pods, Rhino Lined, pro comp spotlights, midland cb radio.
COMING SOON... painting rims black, synthetic winch rope
[B]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]JESUS IS LORD!!!![/COLOR][/B]
canesqb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2006, 05:44 PM   #2
483Fitter
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i have one and used it countless times with no problems
483Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
jeffy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, it is a Chinese made winch, so quality can be hit or miss. Parts will have to be imported which leads to slow service.
Unread 03-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #4
blevinsbulldog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesqb3
DONT BY T-MAX WINCHES

If you have one get rid of it...

I bought a winch like 5 months ago only to have it break when i went to tension it 2 weeks later. Unfortunatly I was never able to even test it off road, but i sent it in to Jack at Redding Four Wheel Drive in California the shipping was outrageous that I had to pay. Once there a month went by before I called only to find out no work had been done on it yet and to find out that jack the mechanic had ordered the wrong parts once, ordered other parts that broke before they came in. Also the man went on a week vacation before any work had been done. When he got back I called him again and he ordered more parts because he found something else had broken and was trying to repair that. Over two months later the winch was finally sent back to me.

This is the best part, when I went to test the clutch the handle fell off in my hand.

so now all that is left to do is to make sure i get a refund so that I can by a warn.
i just bought a warn xd9000i and love it . i dont have any doubts that any time i need it it will get the job done
1 1/4 SHACKLES---3''BL
33X12.50 BFG A/T---15x10 M/T CLASSIC II's
[COLOR="Green"]GREEN JEEP CLUB MEMBER # 176[/COLOR]
blevinsbulldog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2006, 08:29 PM   #5
shovelheadred

Oh, now you tell me.... ...I just picked up my T Max EWI 12000. It seems to be of high quality and beefy. And if you compare it to a Warn of same capacity, it pulls harder and faster while drawing less amps. They do lead you to believe it's made in Austraila, not China. But even if it's Chinese, it's getting harder to find much of any thing that isn't made there. I remember when the lable "Made in Japan",meant that it was crap. You may be right, maybe I did buy a piece of sh*t. I haven't got a chance to mount it let alone try it out. I tried to do as much research as it could befor I made the puchase, and yours is the first negative I've heard. Sorry about your luck, but I hoping you just got a lemon. I do plan on using the winch, so i guess time will tell.
shovelheadred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #6
jeffy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelheadred
Oh, now you tell me.... ...I just picked up my T Max EWI 12000. It seems to be of high quality and beefy. And if you compare it to a Warn of same capacity, it pulls harder and faster while drawing less amps. They do lead you to believe it's made in Austraila, not China. But even if it's Chinese, it's getting harder to find much of any thing that isn't made there. I remember when the lable "Made in Japan",meant that it was crap. You may be right, maybe I did buy a piece of sh*t. I haven't got a chance to mount it let alone try it out. I tried to do as much research as it could befor I made the puchase, and yours is the first negative I've heard. Sorry about your luck, but I hoping you just got a lemon. I do plan on using the winch, so i guess time will tell.
I agree with you, China is getting better. Their QC is still a bit behind though. T-Max seems to want to hide the fact that their company has ties with China. I had to dig around to find who they really were.

Contact T-MAX
Add: NO.308 Shiqiao Road,Hangzhou,China (310012)
Phone: +86-571-88137695 88136432
Fax: +86-571-88137060
E-mail: tmax@tmaxtools.com
http://www.tmax.biz

http://www.tmaxtools.com/products/new_products.htm

Unread 03-15-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
abbtkj

I have a T max 9500 and have tested it to it's Max over and over again just like anything else some things dont work right all the time,
abbtkj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.