T-case knocking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > T-case knocking

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
Jdawg319
1993 YJ Wrangler 

T-case knocking

Whenever i drive my 93 renegade it makes a kind of knocking/ticking noise. The noise is faster the faster i go,and same slow wise. At first i thought it was a U-joint but they all seem fine. Then i decided to spin my front drive shaft back and forth by hand really fast and it sounded like the same noise. Does anyone have any ideas of what it is exactly? Or if its a big deal at all?

Jdawg319 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

Does the noise change when you engage 4wd? Is it coming from the t-case? I suspect a loose chain or the shift forks are getting worn and rubbing.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Jdawg319
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, Yes, i just went outside and put it in 4wd drove it up and down the street a couple times and no ticking whatsoever. What would that be then?
Jdawg319 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
XJ93
1993 ZJ 

Probably a shift fork. Try adjusting the t-case linkage first.
XJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
jeep yj , ticking noise , transfer case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.