SYE / tummy tuck question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SYE / tummy tuck question

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 03-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
texas_yj
2007 JK Wrangler 

SYE / tummy tuck question

I currently have a 2 1/2" lift, ford 8.8, and standard SYE w/ 1" MML. I performed a 1 1/4" tummy tuck while installing the SYE, now I'm thinking about either going SOA or 4" kit. The drive shaft was ordered for 3-4" of lift, but I'm wondering if the tummy tuck is going to over do the angle the DS can handle??? (edit: without the TC drop kit!)

Thoughts:

Sold) 94 YJ, 4.0L 5 sp manual, Hard top, 33/12.50s, 4.10 ring&pinions, Polished D30 w/Aussie front, 8.8 rear w/ LS, 2.5" RC, 2" BL, 5/8" booms, TJ flares, SYE, custom F/R bumpers and rock sliders, 8k winch, dual optimas, HO alt.

2) (Sold) 99 TJ, mustang 5.0 GT 40, AX15/231J, trektop, 37x12.50r17 cooper STT, superlift 6" long arm, D30/44 w/ ARBs & yukons, customized warn bumpers, custom sliders, 12K winch w/ synthetic rope, custom paint

3) 2007 JKU being built now
texas_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nah, a small tummy tuck with a SYE is way better IMO than a t-case drop and the stock slip joint in the t-case.

On top of that... you have the 1" MML to help.

They do say that every jeep is different, but I would do it without worrying if it were my jeep.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.