Switching Cable-Driven Speedometer to Electronic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Switching Cable-Driven Speedometer to Electronic

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 08-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #1
YJDave
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Switching Cable-Driven Speedometer to Electronic

I'm having a Rugged Ridge Mega Short SYE installed on my NP231 and I found out that I'll have to switch out the cable-driven speedometer in my 89 to an electronic one.
Has anyone done this? I'm looking for the most simple way; not necessarily the cheapest.
Also, would a 92-95 gauge cluster work?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

YJDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
YJDave
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Bump.... Anyone?
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Why not just get an after market speedo? That should do the job. You should be able to get it to fit just like a stock speedo head.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #4
YJDave
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger889 View Post
Why not just get an after market speedo? That should do the job. You should be able to get it to fit just like a stock speedo head.
That's one option I'm looking into. I would like to keep the stock look and keep all the gauges in their stock location for now. We are going to check 92-95 gauges first since they can be bought fairly cheap on ebay.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.