Switch Panel With Carling Contura II - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Switch Panel With Carling Contura II

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 11-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #31
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idgara007 View Post
true true, but along with that I need to choose wiring to hook up these switches as well. Im not sure if the switches say how much power is required for the LEDs in them. They say a max of 20amps but I know it takes much less just to power the LED. technically if I ran 5 in parallel they would all see the 12volts but the current would increase 5 fold, so I would need larger wire to accommodate this correct?

I dont really want to run 10ga wire just for switches because it is very thick and stiff. If I only ran 18 ga there is a risk of possibly overloading the max current for that wire.

FYI: i would be running switches for relays to lights and compressor system and the only direct power would be to the CB which only needs 2amps anyways. so nothing of a major power draw.

another point of curiosity looking at the OPs pics, how were you able to crimp in both wires to one terminal? it looks very clean but I cant seem to figure how to do them like that. speaking of which, what terminal (and source if any) did you use in the connector housing you linked?

When I ran my switches, I only used 12 gauge from the battery to power them (now its the remote wire from the stereo 20 gauge wire I think) and I used cat5 to run it to the relays. It only takes milliamps to activate a relay so put the good wire where it counts.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.