Switch Panel With Carling Contura II - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Switch Panel With Carling Contura II

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #31
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idgara007 View Post
true true, but along with that I need to choose wiring to hook up these switches as well. Im not sure if the switches say how much power is required for the LEDs in them. They say a max of 20amps but I know it takes much less just to power the LED. technically if I ran 5 in parallel they would all see the 12volts but the current would increase 5 fold, so I would need larger wire to accommodate this correct?

I dont really want to run 10ga wire just for switches because it is very thick and stiff. If I only ran 18 ga there is a risk of possibly overloading the max current for that wire.

FYI: i would be running switches for relays to lights and compressor system and the only direct power would be to the CB which only needs 2amps anyways. so nothing of a major power draw.

another point of curiosity looking at the OPs pics, how were you able to crimp in both wires to one terminal? it looks very clean but I cant seem to figure how to do them like that. speaking of which, what terminal (and source if any) did you use in the connector housing you linked?

When I ran my switches, I only used 12 gauge from the battery to power them (now its the remote wire from the stereo 20 gauge wire I think) and I used cat5 to run it to the relays. It only takes milliamps to activate a relay so put the good wire where it counts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.