Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

sweet hard top

704 views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Hutch16c 
#1 ·
i was just wondering if anybody has heard of the stealth top, by road armor or somthin, i saw one on truckworld.com, they look pretty awsome, here is a link to the website i saw it at

http://www.trailready.com/hard_top.htm

i wish i had one, but they cost like 3000 dollars, maybe someone on here has one, who knows.

#2 ·
i like it... but i get enough stone chips in my winshield.... why would i want them in my roof :D besides that i would think it would crack first knock off road....

#3 ·
yeah, i never thought of that, im sure that thing would get plenty of chips taken out of it...probably not too good for off road either, but still looks cool

#6 ·
it works well with the renegade i think... if i step on your toes, i apologize, get over it, but thats cause the renegade was never really built with offroadability in mind. nor is this top. what was the ticket price? 3000? eesh. i still say softops are the way to go. i need to figure out how to put a spoiler on it though ;)

#7 ·
It shouldn't chip, if you look at the construction page it says it's made out of 1/4" safety glass (plexi-glass). It probably would scratch really easy, especially as many limbs that run into me. I believe if i had 3 grand to blow i would try it but unfortunately i'll stick top my soft top. :cool:

#10 ·
93jeepyj2.5 said:
Thats got to be the ugliest Jeep I have ever seen.

Does anyone know if thats a YJ Renegade???

-Heath
yeah it is... if nothing else it possibly is the aftermarket renegade kit... but it looks like the oem one...

#12 ·
:eek:
A skirt?!?!?!

I don't know about that, but they do look different.
Some would argue that any YJ with a 2.5L engine should be wearing a skirt.
Again, others would say that any Jeep with rectangular headlights isn't a Jeep at all.

The way I see it, it's a matter of opinion.
I am well aware that when done right, any jeep with a 2.5L engine is just as capable as any with a 4.0, or even a 350.
In that same way, a Renegade can be just as capable as any other YJ, given the right buildup.

However, with regard to the spoiler on that hardtop...
I wouldn't be caught DEAD with that thing!!
The idea of a hardtop with a full 360 view is intruiging, but I don't think they've got it right.

#13 ·
UglySkunk said:
a jeep with a spoiler, this puzzles and saddens me
that's what I was thinking :(

but I have always wanted a smoke colored transparant top ever since I saw the one on the cover of the haynes manual for my YJ :D

I love the YJ Renegade, I hear they make rather nice trail jeeps.

#14 ·
the spoiler is optional, sure, the spoiler looks pretty gay for a jeep, ill agree, but it doesnt come like that...i would never have a spoiler on mine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.