Swaybar Removal Issue - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Swaybar Removal Issue

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!

Unread 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #16
Fhajad
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'm gonna try a few things mentioned, see if my nut buster is big enough to get around the nut and just do that first though.

I've owned this Jeep for a few years now (I signed up in 09 apparently, and owned it a year before that, so 5 years now) and haven't had to need a grinder yet. Luckily I guess. I removed the front in 09 and just never got around to the rear bar.

Here's to hoping!

Fhajad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #17
YJ475
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I used vice grips to hold the torx side, and just backed the nut off the back.
YJ475 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #18
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Torx on one side and huge breaker bar on the other. Always turn the nut or you will strip the torx.
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #19
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I remember the rear track bar bolt being a pain. I used heat on the nut and it was still a pain to get off. Cut it, heat it, what ever, just remove it.

Remove both track bars and you will be very happy with your ride. One guy on here stated to save them for inspections. Why do people say things they know nothing about? Track bars are not needed on a Yj, unless you go SOA. Then it is a completely different track bar setup that is used.

Stock track bars stop articulation and cause a rough ride.

With stock track bars your Yj will have a buck board ride. Without, you will enjoy your Yj much more.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
dancytron
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I am not disagreeing that there is no good reason to have trackbars on a YJ. I am not saying that it isn't stupid to require them for safety inspection.

But that doesn't do you any good when some eager beaver flunks your inspection and you can't renew the license plate for your jeep because you cut them off or threw them away.

It happened to me (luckily, all I had to do was put them back on, get it reinspected and then take them back off). I made them call the highway patrol and they backed up the inspection station and said that he was right to flunk it. And the inspector put it in the computer, which meant that no one else was able to pass it until I put them back on.

Same guy also flunked me for my toggle switch windshield wipers and the Highway Patrol said to pass that.
dancytron is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.