swapin bodys - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > swapin bodys

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 11-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #1
johnput

swapin bodys

Ok here it is i have a 1993 YJ with a 2.5 and some bad frame rot. I allready have a 99 TJ with a 4.o that has been in a fire i bought for parts. Every thing on it is in good shape besides for the motor and the body has allready been sent to the junk yard and I found a 4.0 in a 1994 cherokee werth the money.
So this is what I need to know. What will it take to put the 94 4.0 on to the 99TJ frame and the put my YJ body on to the TJ.

johnput is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
offroad91yj
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You might have to make body mounts .dont think it i will bolt up .all i can say try it and see how it looks .just my 2 cents but i would try it if i had both sitting in my shop.
offroad91yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
Noltz
YJ Wrangler 

What transmission?

The Cherokee 4.0 block is the same as all 4.0 blocks, as I have read. It should bolt into the TJ frame with stock mounts. The transmission may be a stumble, most Cherokee's are automatic, so flywheel/clutch needed. The body will not bolt up, but you could fab new mounts off the frame for 'em, or find a TJ tub ($500 or so around here for a super-straight one, but then you'll need TJ everything-else (windshield, front clip, tops, gate...). I think fabbing YJ mounts onto the TJ frame would be cheaper if you have a complete body to bolt on.

I've read about a YJ tub dropped on a Rubi frame over on jeepkings a while back. It had a Chev v8 and whatnot so the powertrain stuff won't apply, but perhaps you can search that and find out about the body or frame modification options.
Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #4
lovett86
1990 YJ Wrangler 

sounds like your gonna have a nice project if u go ahead with it, post up some pics if u do
lovett86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #5
johnput

one more thing if im running a 94 4.0 and a ecu from a xj will my dash and stuff still work
johnput is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.