Suspension seat choices ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Suspension seat choices ?

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
70ssclone

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Suspension seat choices ?

Looking for a set for my 94 , I've been looking at race trims but not sure on wides or standards? I am 6ft 200lb , they don't need to be DD friendly this is a trail rig

70ssclone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Reno72
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have Corbeau Baja SS seats, have had them almost two years. They are not reclining and are a pita to get into, but once in they are very comfortable. If you use the bracket they make you sit higher and a tilt wheel is almost a must to get in ( I'm 6' too). I have no complaints, they show no wear after almost two years. I'd buy them again.
Reno72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
TheGanzman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well, they're pricey, but I put a set of refurb'd Recaro's in mine - they came out of an early '80's BMW 320i. Ever'body above the age of five years old KNOWS about these seats now though, so they're pretty hard to get a "deal" on; keep your eyes peeled on Craigslist and you MIGHT get lucky, as *I* did after six months of diligence...
TheGanzman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Steer clear of the Racetrims! This is what mine started looking like after 6 months. I keep the cover on it almost every day.
1415036688903.jpg

And as of Saturday next to my new Mastercraft Rubicons.
1415036745549.jpg

I'm 6', 190 and the Racetrims were way too tight for me.

Looking for 92+ front female seatbelts
Randonexplosion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #5
Norcal_chris
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have the corbaeu baja ss and wouldn't buy em again.

Get a full back seat with a headrest. Skip a low back.

I would be looking at prp

OCT '13 & OCT '14 YJOTM 2014 YJOTY
Norcal_chris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 06:01 AM   #6
70ssclone

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the feedback guys, and Chris I loved reading your build I'm gunna make some mini boatsides for mine to, so this is what I bought, 350 for the set http://www.race-dezert.com/home/mast...ord-38637.html
Unread 11-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #7
timatoe
Web Wheeler

1990 YJ Wrangler 

That's not a bad price. I'd be interested to hear how well you fit in them once you get them. I'm 6' 225 and have been looking at some new seats as well. I've been running cheap JC Whitney seats for about 5 yrs and they've ran their course, overall a decent seat but a little more narrow than I'd like.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #8
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ssclone View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys, and Chris I loved reading your build I'm gunna make some mini boatsides for mine to, so this is what I bought, 350 for the set http://www.race-dezert.com/home/mast...ord-38637.html
Nice. I was seriously considering the Nomads but after being burned by the Racetrims I went for the expensive ones. Let us know how they are once you get them :cheer2:

Unread 11-05-2014, 09:52 AM   #9
70ssclone

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Supposedly there comparable to mastercraft rubicons but they are made in chi com land . They were 20 bucks cheaper then a set of race trims
Unread 11-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #10
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ssclone View Post
Supposedly there comparable to mastercraft rubicons but they are made in chi com land . They were 20 bucks cheaper then a set of race trims
Too bad I didn't know about them when I got my Racetrims. Yeah they are their import version. The girl I talked to at Mastercraft said they use a cheaper non-milspec fabric, but it has to be a hell of a lot better than the burlap EMPI uses.

Unread 11-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #11
TheGanzman
1991 YJ Wrangler 

FWIW, *I* can not IMAGINE sitting in ANY "fixed seatback" seat for very long (if at ALL), unless I was a race car driver; and then, the seat would have been built for ME. Just my .02...
TheGanzman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #12
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

^^^^ Ive driven 2.5hrs then wheeled allday and slept in my corbeau baja ultras. Then wheeled another full day to drive 2.5hrs home. To me the fixed sispension seats are more comfortable than the cheapo oem seats in my dd accord.
Unread 11-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #13
70ssclone

1994 YJ Wrangler 

My dad's buddy has rubicons in his cj7 , I literally will fall asleep in them .. That sold me
Unread 11-05-2014, 11:42 AM   #14
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I drove about 4 blocks after I installed mine last weekend. Gonna have to go for a drive on my lunch break.

Unread 11-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #15
70ssclone

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randonexplosion View Post
I drove about 4 blocks after I installed mine last weekend. Gonna have to go for a drive on my lunch break.
Rubicons? .. I looked at it this way , mastercraft has a hell of a reputation I don't think they would kill it with the nomad seats if they weren't Any good IMO .. I will make a write up in this thread when I get them stay tuned lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.