Is the supertop junk? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Is the supertop junk?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 09-09-2011, 01:10 PM   #16
Joe203

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I went ahead and made the trade this morning. With the doors off and the back window closed there was no noise and no flapping. There are a few dirt stains I have to remove but it's not a big deal. My CJ soft doors fit better except for the front edge and I'll have to reinstall or make a metal piece. It was removed as it's necessary for the factory top. Has anyone used Scotch Guard on a denim top?

Joe203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #17
tsalmeto
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't call my Supertop junk either. It does a good job, but I do wish there was a way to lock the doors against the casual passerby.

Spray and Wash works great when cleaning the top. Any of the tougher dirt and mud stains come right off when using it.
tsalmeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 07:51 PM   #18
attentionwhore
1995 YJ Wrangler 

My Supertop is very nice. I have hard doors and they seal up pretty good. With the doors off there is a good bit of a vibratory flapping right in the center above the seats, after all it is a piece of canvas stretched over metal frame. I expect the flapping and I doubt there is a top out there that doesn't flap some. Its a Jeep, if I want quiet I'll drive my Tacoma.
attentionwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #19
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My supertop is about 4.5 years old (I purchased it because my YJ originally came with hardtop and I have full doors and no factory hardware).

Anyhow I use it for about 8 months a year (hardtop other times) and have been satisfied with it. My only objection is that it is a nuisance to put up an down so I use a 'trail cover' for overnight parking.
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 07:35 AM   #20
Joe203

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I finished the metal pieces on the windshield edges and the CJ soft doors fit great. It looks good and I may not use my half door this Winter at all. Now I'm checking on Renovo top conditioner which is a dye and supposedly returns the top to new appearance. Has anyone tried it?
Joe203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
tsalmeto
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe203 View Post
I finished the metal pieces on the windshield edges and the CJ soft doors fit great. It looks good and I may not use my half door this Winter at all. Now I'm checking on Renovo top conditioner which is a dye and supposedly returns the top to new appearance. Has anyone tried it?
No, but I did see another thread about using fabric dyes on a soft top.
tsalmeto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.