Superlift Opinions wanted - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Superlift Opinions wanted

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Brifr1231
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Superlift Opinions wanted

I am looking around for cheaper 4" springs to replace the 4" Procraps i have that are now like 2.5". I am looking for something with little to no sagging issues and not afraid to flex. Any thoughts on Superlift? I can get 4 of there 3.5" springs for $280.

Unread 04-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ive had RE springs, but have had the superlift springs you mention for several years now. Hands down the REs are the better ride, but the superlift springs have been excellent. No sag issues and they flex well. Not pro crap but not Cadillac ride either. Its a mid line lift. But i would purchase another. Just remember there is a heavier rate spring for the front if you are going to run a winch etc. It should cost no extra to get the heavier rate, but you need to ask for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You get what you pay for.

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #4
bigorangeyj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

thats what im running, and i like it pretty good. same as pic above, but orange jeep.
bigorangeyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMPC View Post
You get what you pay for.

There is truth in that. Like i said I had an RE 2.5 lift. I decided to make the jump to 35s and a buddy of mine with the 3.5" superlifts was wanting to go spring over and the 3.5"s were a bit much. The trade worked out for both of us. So I got these springs used, and have now been running them for a few years myself and they have not sagged a bit and flex well. Ive bound it up enough to break 2 spring hangers (separate occasions) with no spring damage. I truelly think they are a decent spring. Im now at a point where i could buy anything i wanted lift wise, but im happy enough with this lift that im not interested. Just sayin

I will say this though. Things change alot with these companies. Since my springs are older, there really is no telling who is making them for superlift now.

Quote:
Any video of the sound?
Unread 04-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
youngYJ95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have the 3.5" Super lift springs and it rides decent with the sway bars and track bars off. Flexs pretty well too. It just took it a while for the springs to settle because they were heavy duty springs.
Unread 04-05-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
Brifr1231
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Okay so the order that i am getting from this is RE then Superlift then Procrap. Where would Rough Country fall into that. I was debating getting a 4" Rough Country kit then selling everything but the springs or selling my old springs with it.
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #8
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brifr1231 View Post
Okay so the order that i am getting from this is RE then Superlift then Procrap. Where would Rough Country fall into that. I was debating getting a 4" Rough Country kit then selling everything but the springs or selling my old springs with it.
RE and BDS are the preferred brands if moneys not a problem. IMHO Rough country ranks right there with pro comp.

Quote:
Any video of the sound?
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #9
yellow2kgt
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I agree, If you can afford BDS or RE do it. Personally, I like the insurance that my BDS springs offer. No matter what happens they are guarantied.
Howell EFI, BDS 3.5" lift, M.O.R.E 5/8" Boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar BL, 1" JKS MML, TFI, Crager soft 8s w 35" Dunlop Mud Rovers, Ford 8.8, 4.88s, Dana 30 E-Locker, Terra Flex SYE, Tom Woods CV shaft, Warn M8000.
yellow2kgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
YJ-Jer
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you only want to pay for a lift once, BDS is the best option.

The lifetime gaurantee rocks and for a leaf spring vehicle, the ride is great and a far cry better than even my stock springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown
"You know you drive a YJ when you run over a shadow and feel the steering wheel jerk."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opihi59 View Post
3 Things to know about the forum: Always PB blaster, Always check the FAQ, Always do a search, and if none of that works, ask Mean Max.
YJ-Jer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.