Suddenly started shaking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Suddenly started shaking

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-30-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
ericg2000
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Suddenly started shaking

My 1990 yj 2.5l drove fine. I went on vacation for a week and when I returned the jeep was vibrating and alot louder then before I left. It even has a slight exhaust smell. Any ideas?

ericg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericg2000
My 1990 yj 2.5l drove fine. I went on vacation for a week and when I returned the jeep was vibrating and alot louder then before I left. It even has a slight exhaust smell. Any ideas?
Check the basics first. Motor mounts, tranny mounts and your exhaust system depending on "how" it's louder. If the vibration is after a certain speed almost everytime you feel it, check your ujoints for any play. There could be other things, but this is a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
ericg2000
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I was thinking it had to do with the exhaust. The pipe is knocking. It just weird it started after a week if not driving it. I will say this, one of the wheels got out of balance and cause the while jeep the shake. At that point I went ahead and put my new rims on and that fixed that problem but I guess created this new one.
ericg2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.