sua in front soa in rear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > sua in front soa in rear?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 01-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #1
Mikerp97
1991 YJ Wrangler 

sua in front soa in rear?

so i just bought my self an 8.8 for my jeep (dana turdy five finally went) well iam prob going to order MORE's Ford 8.8 Install Kit and i read how its mainly used for soa, i was thinking can i just leave sua in the front and go soa in the rear? i have 4 inch springs front and rear and iam figuring kkeeping 4 inch spings in front and use my old stock springs in the back for the time being

Unread 01-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

rear will sit higher by a lil bit, just put a lift shackle on the front to level it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
Mikerp97
1991 YJ Wrangler 

yeah thats what i was thinking has anyone ever seen this done? have pics maybe lol?
Unread 01-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I ran my 8.8 SOA and the front SUA for a couple of years.

Just be sure to install an anti-wrap bar on the 8.8.
I tried to run without one but quickly wrapped the stock springs and damaged by rear CV DS. Expensive lesson.
The longer shackles up front for leveling are somewhat of a pain as they catch on rocks easier that stock shackles. Bent 1 front spring due to them being long.

A couple of pics of it with the SOA & SUA setup.

Tacking the MORE perch's and modified shock mounts on the 8.8

A couple of seasons later the D30 went SOA..

Went with the Rocky Road YJOTT high steer setup...
(Not the actual springs used in picture)
Moves tierod and drag link way up over the springs and away from the rocks

Last edited by kloppk; 01-20-2010 at 07:47 PM..
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

guy back in Utah had this setup, but it was SOA Front / SUA Rear it has it's benefits and seemed to suit him well. I will see if I can find you a link to his information.

With 4" lift springs you might be one of the lucky ones that is able to use the stock 8.8 SUA perches. What year 8.8 is it?

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok it took some time, but I finally tracked down the guy in Utah and it is actually SOA Rear, SUA Front it works, he wheeled the crap out of it, but has since sold it and is building a hot rod I think and all of his pictures are gone from the BB...

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #7
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

just throwing out my

I'm not really sure what big advantage there would be to an SUA/SOA combo. Most do it the other way around. You would need (should have) a trac bar for the rear for it to be done right.
Seems to me most of the flex advantage of an SOA set up would be in the front to better negotiate obstacles... the rear just sorta follows... if you get my drift.
Anywho, just the way I see it.

WRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.