Studs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Studs

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 05-04-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
weerwolv

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Studs

Get your mind out of the gutter Ha-ha

Quick question to all...

Pulled my NP231 out of my 1993 YJ that had 150k miles and in process of replacing with another that had a lot less milage.

In removal, the hard to get stud didn't give up its nut and just backed itself out instead while all others stayed in the trasfer case.

Little bugger nut is fused to the old stud with rust.

Got a new stud and nut to replace.

Do you use red locktite when installing the stud into the transfer case so it won;t back out again?

Other question? Would you replace the AX15 Output shaft seal right now even though its not leaking while the TC is out?

Thanks all.

-Chris

weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #2
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Personally I'd use Blue locktite.
Be sure to put some antiseize on the fine pitch threads before putting the nut on.

I've done a number of tcase swaps and have never had the AX15 output seal leak.
Of course for piece of mind you may want to do it. A lot easier now.
kloppk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
weerwolv

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. Blue for the stud and anti-seize on all nuts going back on.

Appreciate it.

Finally I am almost back on the road.

Now for lift kits and tires
weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.