stuck on lockers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > stuck on lockers

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 99551 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 12-02-2001, 10:57 AM   #1
jeepnmud

stuck on lockers

alright so I've narrowed it down to either an oxlocker or an ARB air locker. Anyone out there have either of them, and what do you think of it? The ox locker had less parts to break, but will the ARB make me happier in the long run?

jeepnmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2001, 01:04 PM   #2
osburn
1995 YJ Wrangler 

The Ox Locker will be a good locker someday. But not yet. The reports are coming in now about them grenading. Mainly the two unrealistically small spider gears inside. Like anything new, it's gonna take time to get it worked out. The Ox owners are having quite the time getting them engaged also. It's much like trying to shift a twin stick type tcase into gear. You need a small amount of movement and a small amount of luck. But I do believe that these lockers will be top notch eventually. It just takes real world testing to work out the bugs.

I'm on my second set of ARBs now. You must have a reliable air source to run ARBs. If I were buying new lockers today, I'd only buy ARBs. I would never put up with the quirks of an auto-locker on the street, and the Ox just hasn't been around long enough for me to trust it yet.
osburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.