Strange Starting Problem - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-21-2009, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Douglas S.

Strange Starting Problem

I have been having a weird starting issue lately (seems to only happen when very cold). The engine is modified with HEI and a Weber. The Jeep will start up fine from dead cold, even if it is -30. However, if I have it totally warmed up and then shut it down and leave it for anywhere between 20min and 1hour (when there is still some warmth in the engine). I will go out to start it, it will fire up like everything is fine, and then about 45sec. later it will die. Then it won't start until I leave it for the engine to cool off.

I'm thinking it might have something to do with my choke, but I'm really not sure. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: If it does this, I can pull off the air cleaner and there will be a small pool of gas. As well, I can usually get it started by pouring a little seafoam down the carb.

Thanks

1991 Land Cruiser HDJ81

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-21-2009, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Douglas S.

bump........

1991 Land Cruiser HDJ81

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.