Strange New Starting Issue - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-23-2011, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
ApocalypseJeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Strange New Starting Issue

So, recently over the last couple of weeks when I go out to start up the rig in the morning it stalls out on the first start up. What I mean is when I crank the motor, it starts fine, then drops in revs and sputters out untill it dies. When I restart it it runs fine. Then for the rest of the day, any time I restart it, no problems at all. So for the last week when starting it, I give it a light rev to keep it from stalling and it's fine. All vaccum lines are new, and I'm not getting any trouble codes.
Has any experienced these symptoms before, to find out what the problem was later? It runs and drives fine, just that little issue in the morning. Any ideas? My guess it's a fuel issue, but I could be wrong.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
ApocalypseJeep
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Really, no one has ever heard of these problems? Wow, hard to believe.

BUMP!!!!!!
post #3 of 4 Old 10-24-2011, 08:44 PM
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Could be a fuel delivery issue.
Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail to see if it's within spec.

Baystate Jeepers
Deep Woods Extreme
New England 4 Wheelers
post #4 of 4 Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Check the connectors at Cam Position Sensor and Crank Position Sensor. Pull them part and check for corrosion. Then the other has been mention above.

A 89 yj with a 4.0 aw4 sye out of an 92xj. Now the hard part is done time to get it up in the air just a bit. Working on 8.8 with 3.73 and lsd for the rear. and new D30 hp with 3.73 .
For those who have not figured this out I'm old school but can handle the new too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.