Strange electrical issue
Last night after reading threads about vaccume problems for the 4 wheel drive system I went home and pulled the 2 small vac lines on the front axel. Cleaned the posts and saw that the electrical connection to the system looked like it was not pluged in all the way. The little lock tab was not closed. Snapped it shut and went for a drive. 4 wheel ingages but no light on the dash.
Came back and looked at fuse panel and fuse block under the hood. No issues i could see.Didn't mess with anything. Saw that it was close to my wife getting home so i got in to pull the Jeep into the garage and the battery dies. Very strange because 10 mins earlier i had no starting issues.
Decided to put the battery on my Battery Tender and let it charge for about an hour. Light in the engie compartment was lit so i thought i'd close the hood so the light would go out. As soon as light was off charger shows 80% charged indicator...weird. lift hood , unhook charger and as soon as i did light and all electric stops.
Hook back up, light comes back on. I try to start it and nothing. So at this point I figure ok dead cell in battery.
Go to my other car and put that battey in. Jeep starts right up. Cool.
Then i put the Jeep battery in the car i just removed the other battery from and it starts, no problem. If the battery wouldn't start this car i would have been ok , but now i think that something is wrong with the jeep because i have used the other car without issues today. Jeep is also still going fine???
Anyone know what might be going on?
Sorry for the long post but I wanted to cover this completly so as to not hear things that are not the issue .
Jeep is a 95 Sahara 4.0 with AC, 5 speed