Stock size YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock size YJ

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 06-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
secrethojo
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Stock size YJ

Hello, I am currently in the market for a lift kit for my 1990 YJ, currently there is no life on there (one of the reasons i bought it was it was mostly stock) I need shocks as well, and eventually want to put 33" tires on it, It is my everyday street, and i take it on trails, eventually it wont be my everyday car, and just my toy, but in time, Is there a lift kit anyone recommends?

secrethojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tons of options... Quality, quality, quality!!! don't buy cheap crap...

Rubicon express, OME (old Man emu) , BDS are nice kits and springs.

33's with 1" body lift and a 2.5" spring lift and have fun... you could also install some 1/2" shackles as well... Or a 4" lift...

This is just a starting point. I'm sure you'll get a lot of input...Good luck
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Skip the kit and buy the best components you can piecemeal. Lots of threads on the subject and lots of clubs in Southtown to join and gain some perspective on what you want to have and what you'll need to install to run with them.
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
secrethojo
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Would anyone happy to know the min lift i have to do to fit 33s on it? As i dont wanna go to far up, so i can still fit in the garage to work on. I really wanna give added clearance for now, and go min as possible.
secrethojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Look into metalcloak fenders. No lift needed.
Unread 06-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #6
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

If you'd like to talk about potential lifts and be able to interact face to face, I'd be willing to pass along some suggestions.

I'm near you, in Rancho San Diego & will be working a good portion of the day in my garage on my YJ.

La Mesa is right up the street from me.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
Kdeome
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My .02 cents is get some OME or BDS 2.5 springs, 5/8th boomerang shackles, and 1 inch body lift (Daystar is my choice). About 4 inches of lift, factor in some used tj flares will look good, ride good, and fit perfect your 33s.
Kdeome is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.