Stock body mount replacment with 1in body lift: poly vs rubber - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock body mount replacment with 1in body lift: poly vs rubber

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 09-12-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
shabakand
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Stock body mount replacment with 1in body lift: poly vs rubber

I am about to add a 1in body lift to my YJ and was wondering if I should replace my stock rubber mounts with new mounts along with a Currie 1in body lift (aluminum pucks) or go with the daystar which is a one piece poly material unit consisting of the lift and body mount (all in one). Should I go with rubber mounts so that there will be less vibration coming in the cab? Will I experience noticeably more vibration in the cab using the polyurethane daystar body lift? I know it is a jeep and not a luxury vehicle, but I would like to avoid any added noise/vibration if I can.

95 YJ, 4.0L, 5spd, 4.88, Ford 8.8 (w/Super 88, ARB), Dana 30 (w/Super 30 kit, ARB), SYE, RE XD 4.5" SUA w/RE monotube shocks, M.O.R.E upper shock mounts in rear, Dynatrac U-Bolt kit in rear, 2" BL, 35X12.50X15 ProComp Mud's, ProComp 15X8 Style 7069
shabakand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
MLJeeper
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Daystar, without a doubt. Best engineered body lift out there right now IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Any video of the sound?
MLJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
87YJerryRig
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I have had my daystar 1" body lift since 2003 and have had no problems.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.