Stiff Shifter - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stiff Shifter

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #61
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I didn't replace the slave, if that's what your thinking. I just put a new bleeder valve on the old slave and bled the line. Do you still think its the master?

CBinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #62
jhrebs
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I am going through exactly what you are now. Clutch stopped working, no leak no leak BOOM found the leak. Bought a new Master cylinder new clutch kit and slave cylinder. Me and 3 buddies are doing it next weekend. None of us have done anything this big, but what the heck. Give it a shot! PM if you would like. we could talk and probably help each other out.
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #63
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Can someone help?
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #64
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrebs
I am going through exactly what you are now. Clutch stopped working, no leak no leak BOOM found the leak. Bought a new Master cylinder new clutch kit and slave cylinder. Me and 3 buddies are doing it next weekend. None of us have done anything this big, but what the heck. Give it a shot! PM if you would like. we could talk and probably help each other out.
Damn! For second I was hoping you lived in Maryland. I would've swung by your place and helped you guys out. I figured we could bang two out in one day. LOL!
Unread 06-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #65
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBinDC

Damn! For second I was hoping you lived in Maryland. I would've swung by your place and helped you guys out. I figured we could bang two out in one day. LOL!
It's still the master. Replacing the master is an extremely easy job. If you have a Haynes manual, even better. There are countless writeups here. Many from myself as well.

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #66
CBinDC
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Very easy! Lol. I just started undoing this and that and it was donskie. Easiest thing I've changed in recent memory. Now all I need to do re-bleed the line....and cross my fingers.

However, I think I'll call around and get a quote on changing the slave cylinder. This vehicle is 24 years old. I don't trust the slave will last much longer than the Master. I think the writing is on the wall.
Unread 06-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #67
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBinDC
Very easy! Lol. I just started undoing this and that and it was donskie. Easiest thing I've changed in recent memory. Now all I need to do re-bleed the line....and cross my fingers.

However, I think I'll call around and get a quote on changing the slave cylinder. This vehicle is 24 years old. I don't trust the slave will last much longer than the Master. I think the writing is on the wall.
Good to hear!

Sent from my iPhone, probably because I am bored at work.
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.