Stereo systems in a YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stereo systems in a YJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 05-27-2001, 12:55 AM   #1
Keymaster

Stereo systems in a YJ

I'm setting up a stereo system in my first YJ. Right now I have a JVC CD deck up front. I have a Kenwood pre-amp tucked under the dash. I have 2 amps mounted under the back seat. A 4 channel Alpine is pushing Rockford Fosgate speakers in the dash and 2 Pioneer 6 x 9's in the rear. A 2 channel Rockford Punch 60 is hooked up but not in use yet. I have 2 12 inch Rockford subwoofers that I may make a box for to put in the back. I was just curious as to what other YJ folks were puting in their rides. Obviously they are easier to break in, so what are some tips to keep intruders out (besides an alarm). These things are hard to get good sound out of, especially with the top off!!! Thanks.

Looking for a YJ!
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2001, 03:31 AM   #2
Tonka
1998 TJ Wrangler 

They are easy to get good sound out of with the hard top and full hard doors.When I have the top and doors off, It still sounds good, but bass response is at lower db's

I'm running kenwood excelon everything. I'd list everything, but I'd rather not advertise exactly what I have.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2001, 06:47 PM   #3
Hara

I've got two infinity perfect 12's in the back running off of alpine's 1500 watt amp, a set of alpine 6x9's in the back, a set of infinity 6x9's in thor soundwedges inbetween the roll bar and front part of the rear wheelwell and a set of alpine 5.25's in the doors, that was a pain in the !@#, all running off of a rockford 100a4 and the deck is the brand new kenwood excelon mp3 player. It gets a little loud.
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2001, 10:41 PM   #4
wilhelm

KEEP A BIG DOG TIED UP INSIDE YOUR RIG !!!
HA HA HA
just havin a little fun ...I've had mine broken into twice , don't have much of a system any more ..
wilhelm nj
wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2001, 01:12 AM   #5
Keymaster

Hey, I'm no stranger to break-ins. I've had 3 of 'em. BUT, they were all in Downtown Richmond where your vehicle is ripe for the picking all day while you work. Luckily where I work now there is security and cameras on hand. If I go anywhere for an extended period of time it's with my wife in her car, so the Jeep is never too vulnerable anyways. I built a speaker box for my 2 12 inch speakers yesterday but I built it about 2 inches above the wheel well. I will probably build one that is even with the well, so I can rig some sort of bracket to bolt over top of the box. The one thing I really like about Jeeps are that it's very easy to get crafty with these things. My wife is already *****ing that all I think about is my Jeep.....boy is she right! LOL

Looking for a YJ!
Keymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2001, 03:18 AM   #6
Hara

don't worry after my first break in I invested in a) a hardtop, and b) a $1,200.00 alarm system.
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2001, 11:46 PM   #7
Drewson

I have a couple of Alpine plates in the dash (they were so hard to get in there they are never coming out). Also, two Boston Acoustic 6x9's and two Infinity 10 inch subs in a custom box mounted behind the seat. You would have to remove the 6x9's and then get one of those stubby phillips screwdrivers into that hole to get a the screws that fasten the box to the side walls. My two amps are also under the rear seat, and are the most vulnerable part of my rig. My Alpine CD system is in one of those Tuffy console lockboxes that mounts between the front seats with extra storage and cupholders, that would be very difficult to steal without opening the box first.
Chrome/diamond plate everything not welded on
Drewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2001, 12:16 AM   #8
Razskidoo

I had my first break in ( If you haven't already read). I'll use some of the ideas for my next set up!
What alarms work good? (I'll also invest in LO-Jack)
By the way ,hows the speaker wedges sound?
and Will those front sound wedge work in the YJ ?
Unread 07-09-2001, 07:05 AM   #9
bonehead99
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have a pioneer deck with Clarion 4x6 plates up front, 6 speaker soundbar with 240watts going to it, and a pair of 12" Dr. Crankenstien Comp speakers with a Crunch 800 watts rms amp. I hit bout 140db. I had to remove the backseat to fit a big ported box. I have a program that will match your speakers to the area you have and what you need.
Unread 07-14-2001, 04:39 PM   #10
stuck

i replaced the factory speakers and have a small sub that i ALWAYS pull out and a nice pioneer deck.works good for me. just don'twan't to get broken into w/a soft top and all
centerforce clutch
stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2001, 07:15 PM   #11
wrendog

My Clarion CD player has unfortunately crapped out after 8 long and brutal years. Any suggestions as to a good head unit? I am specifically looking for one that does NOT skip and has a rotary volume knob (the volume buttons on my Clarion are broken and it "auto-mutes" itself all the time).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.